26 Mar On Page SEO Secrets Exposed
Well planned On Page SEO is one of the best search engine optimisation strategies that any webmaster can employ. It deals with the kind of ‘content’ that you publish and how that content is formatted. However, it is also the one key area that is prone to some of the biggest lies in SEO marketing. The new belief among ‘marketers’ is that you have to emphasis EVERYTHING, which simply put is not true.
As I started out planning to record this video I had in mind an opportunity to make a few extra bucks by recommending a new WordPress Plugin that auto-formatted your content accorded to 10-rules given to On Page SEO. As you’ll see, about 3/4 way through recording this video, I realised that these rules are absolute BUNK! See if you can pick ‘the point’ where I turned from info-sales-pitch to truth-revealing-pitch.
And just to top if off; the day after recording this video I came across a post on PCmag.com illustrating my point perfectly which suggested that Google was soon to begin penalizing such sites…. See: Google to Penalize Over-SEO’d Sites.
So let’s get started – here’s the so-called “top 10 on page SEO Secrets” which are covered in this video.
1. Include your primary keyword in the H1 text (your page title)
2. Include your primary keyword in the H2 text (your sub-head)
3. Include your primary keyword in image name
4. Include your primary keyword in the Image alt tag
5. Make your primary keyword bold
6. Make your primary keyword Italic
7. Underline your primary keyword
8. Make your primary keyword a text link to the same page
9. Make your primary keyword a text link to the homepage
10. Include related search terms within your content (LSI)